Wednesday, February 1, 2012

DBC READS REVELATION

Howdy,

Big thanks to Kevin Morris with DBC READS, who reviewed REVELATION here: http://dbcreads.com/2012/01/30/colin-winnettes-revelation/

There are many choice quotes, but here's one:

"Winnette communicates something that’s true and almost insufferably so, facets of our existence that have become as basic as sun up and sun down. It’s powerful, and would be so much less so if Winnette didn’t have such champion restraint."

–––––

Lately I've been reading Richard Hughes's A High Wind in Africa.  It's enjoyable, extremely readable.  I'm also digging into Ben Marcus's The Flame Alphabet, and Amelia Gray's Threats.  So much good reading, I can barely stand it.

And I have two small big announcements to make.  A collection of my short prose, entitled ANIMAL COLLECTION, is set to release with Spork Press later in 2012.  A sample chapbook will be available at AWP this late February/early March at the Spork Press table.  I'll also be reading from the collection on Thursday at Beef & Brandy, 127 S. State St., at 5PM.

And Atticus Books has agreed to publish two of my books, GAINESVILLE and IN ONE STORY, THE TWO SISTERS, in a single volume in 2013.  The official announcement will take place this year at AWP as well, and I'll be hanging out at their table, signing copies of REVELATION and shaking hands at some point, though I'm not yet sure when.

I'll do an AWP post some time later this month.  Lots going on.

And, finally, a new story of mine, Squeak Toys, detailing the earnest attempt of one man to mate with a dolphin, is in the new issue of Kugelmass.  It's an amazing issue that features new work by THE Aimee Bender, Yoni Brenner, Ellen Ferguson, William Giraldi, Ben Greenman, Dan Kennedy, Daniel Nester, Johnathan Silverman, and more!  It's available here: http://firewheel-editions.org/kugelmass/.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment